Lucinda's Magical Yoga Adventure by Betty Larrea
A children’s book about a yogini named Lucinda. Lucinda goes on an adventure and does yoga poses along the way. The story is written in free verse and rhyming poetry with beautiful illustrations that demonstrate the yoga poses. I have been following Betty Larrea’s blog for several years, and she always has fun kids yoga ideas to share. This book captures the magic of Betty’s enthusiasm for kids yoga.
5 Things I Love About It:
- Fun intro to yoga for kids written by a kid’s yoga teacher.
- Nicely sequenced poses that flow from seated to standing, and then back down to the floor (or bed for bedtime).
- Colorful illustrations that show Lucinda doing each pose.
- Traditional yoga poses that all the kids in my class already know, including Balloon Breath, Butterfly, Frog, Tree, and Bridge.
- Ends with Lucinda in bed, resting, which transitions nicely to Savasana and a guided meditation from my books, Imaginations or Imaginations 2.
The book is available for purchase on Betty's website at http://www.beyogabelove.com/books/
For More Info:
Betty Larrea is a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher who has been teaching yoga to children since 2001. She founded Be Yoga Be Love and is currently providing Author Visits, her yoga curriculum, staff development training, and event services for children, families and educators in schools, libraries, and yoga studios throughout NJ and NY.
Win a copy of Lucinda's Magical Yoga Adventure and Imaginations 2!
Enter the Rafflecopter giveaway below by January 31st, 2016 at 11:59 PST. US entries only.